Pages

Thursday 19 January 2017

9 Things Your Parents Taught You About Life

1. Too much TV watching causes squared eyes

Yeah, Yeah.. We have all heard this myth before. "Go outside and play, too much TV causes square eyes". This is completely silliness made up by some smart parents who wanted their kids to be active and play outside. I am one of those half-way fat kids who never really wanted to obey these kind of "facts", but I still don't have squared eyes. Well played parents.

2. Do not eat snow, or else worms will eat you from the inside

"Don't eat snow kid, you will get worms". This is also a myth that lot of parents insists is true, but they are not able to prove it. Well, I guess there is a microscopical chance for getting some kind of nastiness through snow, but not from newly fallen snow. Parents always babble about the dangerous snow, but hey! I would risk it for the biscuit and eat some snow, because sometimes it is very delicious.

3. Priority of your life

This may be something that some people will learn by themselves, but I know for sure that parents teach their kids to have priorities in their life. For an example, I am a person that played a lot of video games when I was younger, and in the later years I finally realize that my parents was just trying to do some rehab at home. I was definitely addicted, but my parents was trying to give me other priorities. As a parent you should teach your kids how to have priorities. Gaming was my second priority, do you know what was my first? Food.

4. Do not play too much games, or else your life is ruined

As I said in the last point, playing too much games can affect you in a very negative way. So when parents is trying to stop the crazy relationship between the Xbox/PlayStation/computer and their sons, it is just for the kids good. Some parents will even drag this so far, that they will make children hate them in their methods of stopping the addiction.

5. Learn from your mistakes

Mistakes is a common thing in human's lifestyle. Don't get upset or angry when things go wrong, instead absorb what just happen and use it the next time you'll do the same thing. Parents have enough experience to tell you this, as they probably have failed ten times more than a kid at that time. Parents can have different methods of learning things away, some of them can even cause trouble for the children. Luckily most methods is harmless and informative. Any child that hasn't learnt how to handle situations where mistakes are made, probably won't reach far in their life.

6. Do not waste your money

"Use your money on something useful this time, Jimmy." Something similar to this is probably not so rare to hear in a home. It's normal to give children some kind of weekly salary. At least, parents give their kids some money during a year. Youngsters have to learn that money isn't infinite, and it has to be used on useful things, and not always something edible.

7. Keep old friends, make new ones

My parents always said to me "never let go of your best friends, even if a problem occurs, everything is solvable". To this day, I still have those two "best friends" by my side, and we have kept together through thick and thin, and I believe nothing can stop us, unless there's a Snorlax in the middle of the road. But remember, keeping old friends should not prevent you from making new ones. Don't be too prejudiced, because even the least popular girl/boy in class could be your best friendship ever in your life. Are you willing to take that risk?

8.  Never stop trying

Keep on trying till the end. Enough said.

9. Treat the ladies with respect

This last on is for you boys out there. Treat your girl with respect and she could be your princess forever. Don't be naughty against them, and they will return a favor back at you one day, hopefully. This does not mean that girls can do whatever they want, especially in a relationship you need respect, trust and love. Treat each other like you would have wanted to be treated yourself.



What did your parents teach you? Tell me in the comment section!

1 comment: